Monday, March 8, 2010

HOP PROJECT #27 out in bottles...

Hop Project #27 is denoted by notches on the side of the label, bottled on 1st week in March. For this batch, we first wort hopped with Nugget and Simcoe, then Amarillo and Cascade at 30 min, followed by more Nugget and Simcoe at five minutes left in the boil. We dry-hopped with Cascade and Nugget after six days in the fermenter. We were aiming for a pure West-Coast-style shot-o-grapefruit-juice IPA, and I think that is what we got!

This will most likely be the last Hop Project in the Brewmaster's four pack packaging. We're getting an individual six-pack carrier done for the Hop Project series, and we'll be packaging our upcoming Rye Saison in the Brewmaster's four pack.

4 comments:

jc said...

Had 3 pints last night with HopGod at the brewery. This beer is very very good. The hop bitterness was persistent and stuck around long after you swallowed.

We really wish Yazoo would finally put a IPA on the regular. Lots of us are begging for it. Come on give it to us Linus!

ok that was kinda, well nevermind...

The Beer Snob said...

I've got to try the Rye Saison :) I see a review in the works :D

Anonymous said...

I had this last night for the first time. I thought it had a little more malt backbone than the typical IPA. I think it tastes more like an American Strong Ale than a true IPA. Either way, it was one of my favorites in the Hop Project series.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Grapefruit indeed. A little too much in my opinion, but I hope you continue the Hops Project. It's a great thing!