Thursday, February 25, 2010

Delayed at least another two damn weeks...

We have been pushing to get the taproom at our new facility open, and are so close. We have been going through final inspections on the taproom for most of the week, trying to get the approvals in before the beer board meeting last night. Well, the fire marshal inspector asked us to move an exit sign, and add some emergency lights, and provide some documentation on the sprinkler alarm system, and well, to make a long story short, we didn't get our fire inspection approval before the beer board meeting. Our application hearing for opening the new taproom was deferred until we can get all our inspections and documents to the beer board for their next meeting in two weeks, on March 11.

Firing up the boiler has been on hold as we wait for the vent stack parts to come in. When we get the boiler up and running, we can do some test batches in the brewery and then start moving equipment out of Marathon and over to the new place.

1 comment:

GrumpyIT said...

ouch! Hope everything goes smoothly the next meeting though!